- Mortgage Fair acts only as a loan originator and broker sourcing loans for applicants and never as a principal lender.
- Mortgage Fair has no authority to bind any lender, nor does it purport to do so.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in this web site is both accurate and current, no guarantees are given in this regard either by Mortgage Fair or by any of the other parties, persons or entities referred to in this site.
- Mortgage Fair accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from information made available on these pages and actions or transactions resulting therefrom.
- All information regarding product and services, including information in respect of the terms and conditions, interest rates or any other matters is subject to change without notice.
- All calculations done through the use of software or calculators supplied on these pages, including the rates quoted, are guidelines only and subject to final confirmation by the lenders at the time of finalising the transaction.
- Mortgage Fair acknowledges that you may click through to third party sites from our site, and thus recommends that you refer to the privacy statements of the sites you visit. Mortgage Fair assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
- Mortgage Fair gives no warranties and will not be liable for any damage or costs you might incur as a result of unauthorised viewing of your information.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit this web site unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, certain information about site visitors is automatically collected and stored.
We know that you may choose to provide us with information for the purpose of getting a mortgage. We will only disclose this information to the lenders as part of the home loan application process, as well as to provide you with information in regard to Mortgage Fair’s related product and service offerings.
As a member of Australian Financial Group, Mortgage Fair Pty Ltd may submit loans through the Australian Financial Group network in brokering your mortgage, personal loan or other type of finance. Mortgage Fair Pty Ltd and Australian Financial Group are covered by the Privacy Act 1988, which came into operation on 21 December 2001.
In accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act, this document advises you of the manner in which your personal information is handled by us and by Australian Financial Group.
You have consented to Mortgage Fair Pty Ltd and Australian Financial Group disclosing the information on your application form, to a lender for the purposes of obtaining finance.
We have collected your personal information in order to complete the application for finance. If you do not provide all of the required information, the application may not be considered for approval.
Mortgage Fair Pty Ltd keeps a copy of your application in order to communicate with you about the application, and provide other services to you. You have a right to access this information, in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you wish to exercise your right of access, please contact Mortgage Fair Pty Ltd.
Please note that Mortgage Fair pays referral fee (commission) to real estate agents and other businesses it has referral agreements with. Should you have any questions in relation to referral commission’s please contact the Mortgage Fair head office.
We at Mortgage Fair believe that it is essential for our customers to be able to identify and deal with a broker who has the ability, authority and proper training to hear and respond appropriately to any complaints or disputes.
We are a member of the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) and as such we are also subject to the requirement to have in place an Internal Dispute Resolution procedure.
When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly. We hope that in this way we will stop any unnecessary and inappropriate escalation of minor complaints.
We will observe the following principles in handling your complaint:
- there is no requirement for face-to-face contact between you and us, although it may be useful for us to come to a satisfactory resolution;
- we expect that both parties will make a genuine attempt to resolve a complaint promptly;
- we expect that both parties will provide all essential and relevant information, documents, written statements and any other materials that may properly and reasonably be believed to assist in resolving the complaint;
- we expect that both parties will comply with all reasonable requests from the other party to provide information within a reasonable time frame.
Our external dispute resolution scheme
If we do not reach agreement on your complaint, you may refer the complaint to an ASIC Approved External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Scheme. Our external dispute resolution provider is COSL (Credit Ombudsmen Services Limited) phone 1800 138 422, www.cosl.com.au
External dispute resolution is a free service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.
This summary does not comprise legal advice and we do not accept any responsibility for it.
Click here to lodge a complaint.
Glossary of Terms
Click here to read our Glossary of Terms.